TX Direct Wash-In
The No.1 easy-to-use, safe, high-performance wash-in waterproofing for wet weather clothing. Adds Durable Water Repellency and revives breathability – in a washing machine.
Great for waterproofing:
- Garments with membranes such as GORE-TEX and eVENT plus synthetic-filled items
All Nikwax packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable (#2 plastic) in Australia.
$13.95 – $794.95
How Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In protects.
Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The washing machine application ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment, treating seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric.
The need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
Uses per bottle:
- Approximately 100ml required per 2 items
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use.
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
- Use 100ml per garment (front loader) or 150ml per garment (top loader).
- Run 30°C synthetic cycle and slow spin (front loader) or 40°C synthetic cycle (top loader)
Hand Wash (use gloves)
- Immerse 1 clean item in 6 L of hand-hot water in a sink or bowl
- Add 50ml of TX.Direct
- Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly
- Rinse in cold water until water runs clear
Do not machine-wash garments if taped seams have become dislodged.*
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.
*Faulty taped seams sometimes become detached on old or worn garments. They can be re-stuck using a proprietary clear glue after waterproofing and drying.